I cannot afford my home any longer. Can I give it back in my bankruptcy case?

Yes, you can give your home back through your bankruptcy case.  It is called a surrender.

Your mortgage company may file a Motion For Relief From Stay in bankruptcy court.  This allows the  mortgage company to begin foreclosure proceedings.



This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.  We are a law firm licensed in Georgia.   A consultation with a qualified attorney in your area is required to determine specific legal advice as to your situation and applicable law. We are a law firm designated by Congress as a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Angie Seymour
Connect with me
Bankruptcy Attorney Serving Augusta, GA